The Michael J. Peitz Leadership Scholarship
The Michael J. Peitz Leadership Scholarship is given in honor of former Executive Director and board President Michael Peitz, who retired in 2011. One applicant will receive a one-time scholarship of $1,500 to be applied to tuition and fees associated with full-time enrollment at an accredited college or university. The scholarship will be paid directly to the college or university.
This scholarship is for an inducted Thespian of the International Thespian Society (ITS) who successfully demonstrates leadership abilities.
• At the time of application, the student must be an inducted member of the International Thespian Society in their senior year of high school.
• All applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4-point scale (or equivalent).
• Emphasis is placed on the student’s troupe involvement, demonstrated leadership abilities, and demonstrated leadership experiences both in and out of school.
• Financial need will be considered, but lack of need will not be a deciding factor.
• Attendance at the International Thespian Festival is not required.
• The applicant need not be a theatre major in college.
Each applicant MUST complete the following in Academic Works:
• The AcademicWorks General and Student Conditional Application (Including the necessary H.S. transcript and Troupe Director letters)
• This application and it’s supplemental questions.
• Upload required resumes, including troupe participation, leadership positions held, and leadership and academic achievements.
• An essay that explains how the student’s experience as a Thespian has prepared him or her for life.
The scholarship’s judging committee may select to not award this scholarship if, in their opinion, there are no deserving applicants.
The Deadline for submission is April 1
This scholarship is for an inducted Thespian of the International Thespian Society (ITS), the student honorary organization of the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA).